Search This Blog

Thursday, August 18, 2016

Wildcrafting and Painting

When I look at my body of work, I begin to notice how many paintings involve wildcrafting/foraging.  This painting is called Gathering Herbs:  This painting began, as many of mine do, from a class demonstration.  We started with a master work and then changed scenery, hair styles, clothing etc.  I think she was originally standing in a chapel or some sort of fancy interior and she wasn't holding a basket of herbs.  She found a nice place above my mantle for a long time, but as many of my paintings, she is for sale.  If you would like to bid on her or just visit my ebay gallery, CLICK HERE 


This is Spring Creek where I find Wapato


Finding Sand Plums


plums, black berries and poke


from the top of a mulberry tree


gathering berries, notice the tall mulein plant 


My own little flower garden where I just found mouse melon

No comments:

Post a Comment