Search This Blog

Sunday, July 21, 2019

pickled unripe peach slaw

I don't know about you guys but since I am a very very low maintenance gardener, I don't spray my fruit trees and just use the ole 'cross your fingers' method of hoping for a harvest. We rarely, if ever eat a peach off our loaded peach tree ( squirrels ) and our apples have brown spots on them.... so our friends, Nathan Pickard and Kristen Piccard brought over this jar of pickled unripe plums the other night and they were delish! Anyways it got me thinking about other unripe fruit that I could certainly find on my fruit trees and get to them before the bugs and squirrels. I am experimenting today with a recipe for unripe peach slaw. We'll give it a try tonight after it marinates for the day. I am excited. this way you can actually get two different kinds of harvest off the same tree with totally different uses. Google some recipes.

I julianned my peaches and apples, added a little unflavored yogart, ground ginger and turmeric, lemon juice, honey and hot pepper.
Tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment